Welcome, null! Let's start your Emergency HP Action paperwork.
Due to the covid-19 pandemic, Housing Courts in New York City are only accepting cases for the following conditions, or others that threaten the health and safety of your household:
An Emergency HP (Housing Part) Action is a legal case you can bring against your landlord for failing to make repairs, not providing essential services, and/or harassing you. Here is how it works:
- Answer a few questions here about your housing situation and we will email your answers to your Borough’s Housing Court. You will also be emailed a copy of the forms.
- The Housing Court clerk will review your Emergency HP Action forms and decide whether or not to approve your case.
- If your case is approved, the Housing Court will assign you a lawyer who will call you to coordinate at the phone number you provided.
- If you are suing for Repairs, an inspector from Housing Preservation and Development (HPD) will come to your apartment to verify the issue(s). Your lawyer will help you arrange a time that is convenient for you and give you the details you will need.
- The court hearing will happen through a video call so that you do not have to go to the Courthouse in-person. Your lawyer will give you all of the details and will guide you every step of the way.